We are looking for a great Senior Java Developer to join Wysdom.AI – a fast-growing company providing the world’s only advanced conversational AI as a service that optimizes every day, ensuring customers are getting the high-quality experience they expect.
Wysdom.AI offers the only comprehensive conversational AI service around. We do all the work for enterprises as their business evolves, from set-up to optimization. An enterprise’s only job is to tell us what matters to their customers and what matters to them. We’ll take it from there, while providing the ongoing insights on how the Wysdom Virtual Assistant and Cognitive Search is shaping the experience of the enterprise’s customers. The Wysdom platform is built on a state-of-the-art NLP infrastructure, complemented with the tools, data and people to ensure successful operation of the suite of Wysdom products.
We are growing and expanding our team — please join us as a Senior Java Developer based in our Richmond Hill headquarters.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will:
- Design and implement new systems or new component in existing systems
- Enhance and improve our existing Java back-end system
- Update data models, database schemas and working on database queries
- Work on algorithms and production-ready solutions to hard problems
- Optimize applications and DB performance
- Solve concurrency issues and many more
- Mentor less experienced colleagues
- You understand Computer Science fundamentals from school or from practical experiences
- You have strong Java / Java EE knowledges
- You have extensive experience in building Web services especially REST
- You are familiar with Maven, Spring, JEE Servers (Jboss/Wildfly), JUnit technologies
- You are competent in high level system design
- You are familiar with the concept of Design Patterns and use them frequently to solve problem in your work
- You like to share knowledges and help out less experienced colleagues
- You have experience with application and database performance tuning
- You have experience with relational databases, preferably Postgres.
- You have experience with or eager to learn NoSQL databases, for example Mongodb, Redis
- You like to write clean and concise code and bring core functionality to its top performance
- You demonstrate understanding of concurrency requirements in highly scalable systems
- You have solid Python experience (nice to have)
- You have Machine Learning / NLP experience (nice to have)
- About Our Technology And Tools
- We use many modern technologies where Core Java and Java EE take important part
- We use SQL and No-SQL approaches
- We love containers(e.g Docker) and believe in microservice architectures
- We also constantly explore new technologies to improve our tech stac
Wysdom.AI is a VC-funded start-up, and is led by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs with a history of building great teams and products. We offer a terrific work environment in all our offices, full company-paid benefits from your first day, and a stock option program, to ensure you participate in the growth we see ahead. Head here to read more about what it’s like to work at Wysdom.