We are looking for a great Senior Java Developer, to join Wysdom.AI – a fast-growing company providing the world’s most advanced AI-based cognitive customer care solutions.
Wysdom is a mature full-stack virtual assistant platform that uses machine intelligence for cognitive customer care management over social, web chat, and voice. We give businesses a powerful new way to connect to customers, answer questions, and transact any time, using natural language.
Wysdom provides the framework, the tools, and a massive AI training data corpus to enterprises needing to quickly implement cognitive care. Our experienced team of AI experts continuously trains the system, ensuring businesses provide the best customer experience in whatever channel their customers choose.
We are growing and expanding our team — please join us as a Senior Java Developer based in our Richmond Hill Headquarters.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will:
- Design and implement new systems or new component in existing systems
- Enhance and improve our existing Java back-end system
- Update data models, database schema and working on database queries
- Work on algorithms and production-ready solutions to hard problems
- Optimize applications and DB performance
- Solve concurrency issues and many more
- Mentor less experienced colleagues
- You understand Computer Science fundamentals from school or from practical experiences
- You have strong Java / Java EE knowledges
- You have extensive experience in building Web services especially REST
- You are familiar with Maven, Spring, JEE Servers (Jboss/Wildfly), JUnit technologies
- You are competent in high level system design
- You are familiar with the concept of Design Patterns and use them frequently to solve problem in your work
- You like to share your knowledge and help out less experienced colleagues
- You have experience with application and database performance tuning
- You have experience with relational databases, preferably Postgres.
- You have experience with or eager to learn NoSQL databases, for example Mongodb, Redis
- You like to write clean and concise code and bring core functionality to its top performance
- You demonstrate understanding of concurrency requirements in highly scalable systems
- You have solid Python experience (nice to have)
- You have Machine Learning / NLP experience (nice to have)
- You are able to work in Canada
About Our Technology And Tools
- We use many modern technologies where Core Java and Java EE take important part
- We use SQL and No-SQL approaches
- We love containers(e.g Docker) and believe in microservices architectures
- We also constantly explore new technologies to improve our tech stack
Wysdom.AI is a VC-funded start-up, and is led by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs with a history of building great teams and products. We offer a terrific work environment in all our offices, full company-paid benefits from your first day, and a stock option program, to ensure you participate in the growth we see ahead. Head here to read more about what it’s like to work at Wysdom.