We are looking for a great Back-End Developer to join Wysdom.AI – a fast-growing Conversational AI company helping businesses offer their customers natural language AI solutions that deliver automated customer service and support over chat, through smart devices, search, or on the phone.
Wysdom is the world’s only Conversational AI that gets optimized every day, ensuring customers are getting the high-quality experience they expect. And it’s the only comprehensive conversational AI service around; with cutting-edge AI management tools, a massive library of AI training assets, and an AI optimization practice to ensure the customer’s solution performs at its best. Established in 2012, we’re trusted by leading brands and offer our solution to clients in North America, Latin America, and Europe.
We do all the work for enterprises as their business evolves, from set-up to optimization. Our customer’s only job is to tell us what matters to their customers and what matters to them. We’ll take it from there, while providing the ongoing insights on how Wysdom is shaping the experience of the enterprise’s customers.
The Wysdom platform is built on a state-of-the-art NLP infrastructure, complemented with the tools, data and people to ensure successful operation of the suite of Wysdom products.
We are expanding our team — please join us as a Back-End Developer based in our Richmond Hill headquarters.
As a Back-End Developer you will:
Participate in requirements analysis, system design, and implementation of back-end systems as part of our Virtual Assistant offering. They are responsible for components from the API layer down to the data storage layer. Our back-end developers use the latest technologies in the industry wherever they fit (Docker, SpringBoot, Redis, to name a few). Every developer will contribute to our industry-leading AI product. Wysdom.AI utilizes Agile methodologies in our daily work.
But what will I actually be doing?
Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Contribute to design and implementation of new systems or new components in existing systems
- Enhance and improve our existing Java back-end system
- Optimize application performance
- Update data models, database schemas, database queries
- Work on algorithms and production-ready solutions to hard problems
- Solve concurrency issues and many more
Key skills for success in this role include:
- You understand Computer Science fundamentals from school or from practical experiences
- You have solid Java / Java EE knowledges
- You know Web services especially REST
- You are familiar with Maven, Springboot, JEE Servers (Wildfly), JUnit technologies
- You have Python and/or Node.js experience
- You know about the concept of Design Patterns
- You have experience with application and database performance tuning
- You have experience with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
- You have experience with or eager to learn NoSQL databases, e.g. MongoDB, Redis
- You like to write clean and concise code
- You understand concurrency in scalable systems
- You have Machine Learning / NLP experience (nice to have)
About Our Technology and Tools
- We use many modern technologies where Core Java and Java EE take important roles
- We use SQL and NoSQL approaches
- We love containers (e.g. Docker) and believe in microservice architectures
- We also constantly explore new technologies to improve our tech stack
Wysdom.AI is a venture-funded start-up, and is led by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs with a history of building great teams and products. We offer a terrific work environment in all our offices (including Friday lunches and in-office massage), full company-paid benefits from your first day, and a stock option program, to ensure you participate in the growth we see ahead. Head here to read more about what it’s like to work at Wysdom.